Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thai Pizza with Peanut Sauce

Yesterday, I posted a picture of my dinner on my Instagram account (Hey! Follow ME!!! ) and one of my friends requested that I blog the recipe, so here goes!

Dinner time was fast approaching and I was at a loss for ideas. So, I started digging around in my freezer and found some Trader Joe's pizza dough, ground beef and mangos. That was enough to give me an "Ah-ha" moment and a delicious dinner was born!

INGREDIENTS

For the Pizza:

- Pizza Dough (I like TJ's!)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese (I used cheddar)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Scallions (add these after you cook)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Mango (if frozen, thaw in hot water for 10 mins)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots (I didn't have any but if I had, they would have been on there!)

For the Sauce (measurements are a guess, I just tossed things in until I got the right consistency and flavor, so feel free to change the amounts to suit you):

- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Fig Jam (or honey, or agave)
- A Pinch of Chopped Kaffir Lime Leaves (if you don't have these, don't stress)
- Sriracha to Taste
- Salt to Taste

Follow the crust directions, mix up the sauce ingredients, cook the burger in a little sesame oil, slap it all together and then comment below to let me know how you liked it!




Mr. B wanted me to tell you all "This is the best pizza he's ever had." Now, that's saying something!

XOXO,

Mrs. B

No comments:

Post a Comment