Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sleep Training: Night 2

Sleep training with the Ferber Method started two nights ago. You can read about night one HERE.

Here's my rundown of Night 2:


  • 4:00pm: Wake up from the second two hour nap of the day. Must be nice, huh?
  • 7:30pm: Start bedtime routine, bath, story, nurse, crib.
  • 8:15pm: Baby girl enters Land of Nod.
  • 9:00pm: I crawl into bed, still feeling the effects of the previous night's cryfest. 
  • 10:00pm: I look at monitor, sure she will be awake any minute.
  • 10:15pm: I look at monitor, sure she will be awake any minute.
  • 10:30pm - 11:45pm: I look at monitor, sure she will be awake any minute. 
  • 12:00am: I finally drift off, certain I will be rudely awakened the second I am in deep sleep.
  • 4:35am: I am not-so-rudely awakened by a small "mom, can you come get me, please?" cry.
Did you read that? 4:35am!!! She slept almost SEVEN hours straight!!!
  • 5:00am: Nursed, changed and back in her crib, she's asleep before I'm back in bed.
  • 7:30am: "GOOOOOD MORNING, Mommy!"
This is either beginner's luck or I have been putting myself through MONTHS of needless wakeups!

Stay tuned...

XOXO, 

Mrs. B

1 comment: