Here's my rundown of Night 2:
- 4:00pm: Wake up from the second two hour nap of the day. Must be nice, huh?
- 7:30pm: Start bedtime routine, bath, story, nurse, crib.
- 8:15pm: Baby girl enters Land of Nod.
- 9:00pm: I crawl into bed, still feeling the effects of the previous night's cryfest.
- 10:00pm: I look at monitor, sure she will be awake any minute.
- 10:15pm: I look at monitor, sure she will be awake any minute.
- 10:30pm - 11:45pm: I look at monitor, sure she will be awake any minute.
- 12:00am: I finally drift off, certain I will be rudely awakened the second I am in deep sleep.
- 4:35am: I am not-so-rudely awakened by a small "mom, can you come get me, please?" cry.
Did you read that? 4:35am!!! She slept almost SEVEN hours straight!!!
- 5:00am: Nursed, changed and back in her crib, she's asleep before I'm back in bed.
- 7:30am: "GOOOOOD MORNING, Mommy!"
This is either beginner's luck or I have been putting myself through MONTHS of needless wakeups!